There are so many Raw Superfoods to choose from, where do you start? Here are 5 that are among the easiest to adopt into your current lifestyle:
- Contains no dairy, soy or gluten.
- Can be customized to your flavor tastes – more dark or milk chocolatey by how much sweetener/bliss you put in. (Or fruity if you add the mix to a fruit smoothie).
- The chocolate taste hides flavors of any other superfoods you might add. We add a heaping tablespoon of Vitamineral Green to a gallon of bliss and barely taste the greens.
- Gently detoxes your body. Some superfoods, especially super herbs can detox you fast, causing diarrhea, headaches or other detox symptoms. With Chocolate Bliss, all we notice is more regular, gentler bowel movements and a gradual reduction of weight.
- Raw Cacao (chocolate) is a super superfood:
- Cacao is a natural appetite suppressant. Have a swig of Chocolate Bliss at the end of a long day and you’re less likely to binge eat on comfort foods and more likely to have a sensible dinner.
- Cacao is high in magnesium (relaxes muscles, including regular bowel movements)
- Contains the natural chemical PEA (Phenethylamine) that increases focus and attention
- Contains the natural chemical Anandamide that makes you feel blissful, like you’re in love
- There’s plenty of easily assimilatable protein in Chocolate Bliss via the hemp seeds that also make it creamy like milk.
- Contains a nice dosage of plant-based vitamin C and MSM both of which are really good for your skin.
Not All Agave Is Created Equal
- Contains high octane superfoods that act as adaptogenics: supporting the increased energy or expansive relaxation depending on what you focus on.
- Guarana supports increased energy and speed of mental thought
- Yerba Matte supports expansive relaxation and feelings of bliss
- Contains superfoods that support your body’s hormone production and balance
- Maca supports increased endurance strength, libido and fertility
- Bee Pollen supports hormone balancing, mood enhancement and immune strength
- Contains a mix of greens that support tissues, organs and brain and eye health
Those who consume 5 Tablespoons of Hemp Seeds (with raw fruits and veggies) for breakfast notice that they have enough energy for the entire day, that they expel wastes after every meal, and that they are not hungry again until mid-afternoon.
We incorporate hemp seeds into our diet with these favorite recipes:
4. Chia Seeds
- The enzymes in food that help your body digest that food are destroyed when heated. So adding digestive enzymes when you eat cooked food helps your body digest that food, giving you more energy after a meal (and no more “food coma”).
- Enzymes are also catalysts for chemical reactions in the body, including breaking down protein deposits (biofilm and intestinal bulk rotting in your colon) and reducing inflammation anywhere in the body. Take 2-5 digestive enzymes between meals and/or before bed to allow these catalysts to work on body concerns other than digesting the recently consumed food.