My good friend Courtney came up with this recipe she calls snickerdoodles and while I love, Love, LOVE these snacks, the name “snickerdoodle” just doesn’t work for me. I mean, they’re green. Snickerdoodle cookies aren’t green.
So, since the name keeps throwing me off I’ve decided to call them Green Gobblers … they are green and I can just gobble them all up (even though they are green).
Try out this recipe and I think you’ll see what I mean – the sweet taste packed full of protein and green goodness will have you coming back for more.
Green Gobblers – Raw Cookies With Greens!
2/3 Cup Hemp Seeds
1/3 Cup Lucuma Powder
½ Tbsp Ground Vanilla
¼ tsp Sun Fire Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Nutmeg
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
2 Tbsp Honey (or Vanilla Agave Nectar)
Grind all ingredients in Food processor until smooth. Roll into balls and chill in fridge for 10 minutes or more. For added yummyness, put a walnut or pecan in the middle of each ball. Enjoy!
Optional Variations to this Recipe:
- Increase the Cinnamon to 1.5 tsp for extra cinnamon goodness. This is particularly helpful with Blue Green Algae or Spirulina which can have a stronger green flavor
- Add a half or one tsp of ginger root powder for extra warmth and tastyness. This also helps with stronger green flavors
- To have a Snickerdoodle like cookie, leave out the green powders. This tastes especially like a Snickerdoodle cookie when made with honey.
- If you don’t have Lucuma, you could replace it with more Hemp Seeds, Coconut Flour or Mesquite Powder. In all of these cases you might choose to add some additional Agave or Honey to make up for the missing sweetness of the lucuma.
- You could also grind up the walnuts or pecans and mix them into the ball rather than placing them on top.
Here’s a video where I demonstrate how to make Green Gobblers…
Watch on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyoMUHFTlYc